Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Depotting Fun


Hi everyone,
Hope you're having a great Wednesday.

I finally got around to depotting some Mac eyeshadows which have been sitting around for a while. I was a bit scared of breaking them but i got the hang pretty easily, i think it was a lot easier than depotting blushes actually because they are quite a bit smaller.

Top row: Vellum & All that Glitters
Middle row: Woodwinked & Patina
Bottom row: Satin Taupe & Mulch

My palette is not full yet but I'm slowly getting there. As I have said before I am not a massive eyeshadow wearer so I find that I can make do with the ones I have. Although I do have my eye on quite a few.

Here is the aftermath of my depotting efforts - back to Mac here come! Unfortunately i don't live near a Mac so I'll have to stash them away for next time I'm near one. I found out the other day that you could return empty Mac wipe packets for the Back to Mac program. I never knew that, pretty sure i have thrown them away before! Did anyone else not know this or have i just been really clueless the whole time haha? Oh well it's super handy to know for next time.


Here are some swatches of the shadows I depotted. As you can see I'm obviously a neutrals girl! I don't mind bright eyeshadows just not on me so much, for some reason i feel like i can never really get away with it.
From top to bottom: Mulch, Satin Taupe, Patina, Woodwinked, All That Glitters and Vellum (which is barely showing up)

The reason for finally getting the motivation to depot was getting the four eyeshadow palette in the mail. It's nothing special but it means i don't have to lug around the big 15 palette when I go anywhere which is super handy. I'm going to home to visit my family this weekend so I will get to put it to use. 



My 15 palette is still has a few empty spots so what are you absolute favourite Mac eyeshadows that you recommend I should check out?

:)

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love Orb eyeshadow. It looks like the most boring colour (matte beige) but is amazing for blending, highlighting or as an all over lid colour to even out the skintone on the eyesl.

    ReplyDelete