Thursday, September 23, 2010

Diane Von Furstenberg


I seriously love this makeup so much. It's from the SS 2011 Diane Von Furstenberg show and has got to be one of my favourites from NYFW.

It's the creation of James Kaliardos from MAC and he says "The look is based on Andy Warhol's silkscreen of Diane's lips - its an iconic image for DVF"

[Source - google images]
[Source - google images]
[Source - google images]





It's fun, it's fresh, and those lips are wow. The colour of the lip is amazing and I love the use of the Pearl cream base - it makes for such a fresh luminous look. 

Here is what James Kaliardos from Mac used to create this look;

 [Source - MAC]

Face
Studio sculpt foundation - For matte perfected skin
Mineralize skinfinish natural - To set foundation 
Sculpt and shadester MAC pro sculpting powders - To contour the cheeks and temples
Pearl cream colour base - Highlighting the cheekbones and the center of the nose
 
Eye
Pearl cream colour base - Touched onto the center of the eyelids and tear ducts
Sculpt and shadester MAC pro sculpting powders - To contour the crease of the eyelids

Lip 
MAC pro process magenta chromagraphic pencil - Lining and filling the lip
Magenta madness pigment - Brushed over the pencil for a neon pink matte lip 


If I wasn't a poor and practical student I would run out to Mac right now and buy the lip pencil and pigment so I could get that exact pink pout. However in reality I don't think I would really wear it that much! Maybe by pay day I will have convinced myself that I will wear it all time...


What are your thoughts, do you love it as much as I do?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I do!:D I am loving the lips!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this too and I don't think I just love it...I'm pretty sure I've become OBSESSED with it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete