I have seen lots of gorgeous Aztec inspired nails all over the place lately so I decided to jump on the bandwagon and here is what I ended up with..
I had a lot fun doing it but my thumb was as far as I was going. I have nowhere near enough patience or skill to do my other fingers that's for sure. It was actually reasonably easy and I am really happy with the finished product. When I have a bit of spare time I will definitely sit down and have another play around and see what I come up with.
Anyway if you are curious how I did it the instructions are just below :)
Here is what I used;
Ulta3 Spring Fling
Ulta 3 Lily White
Essie Lapis of Luxury
Sally Hansen Black nail art pen
1. I started off by cutting the sticky tape into small strips and stuck them on my nail creating stripes, with 2 sections of my nail showing and 2 not. I painted the gaps between the tape, one gap with Lilacism and the other with Lapis of Luxury
2. After waiting for them to dry I peeled off the tape and painted the remaining two stripes on my nail another 2 colours - Spring Fling and Lily White
3. After that dried I used the black Sally Hansen nail art pen to draw the patterns over the nail, this is where you can let your creative side out and do whatever you please!
4. I simply let that dry and applied a layer of Seche Vite over the top to stop the pen from smudging
5. I then painted the rest of my nails with Spring Fling
And there we have it. Pretty simple as long as you have a bit of spare time hanging about.
Have a lovely day!