Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Prestige gloss

I read about this lipgloss on Belle Du Jour's blog and knew i had to pick one up. It's the Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Lip gloss in Soft Peach. I'm not a huge lip gloss fan but i do like a gorgeous glossy lip if the gloss is a good one.




The only other Prestige product i own is the sun baked bronzing powder which i haven't used much but will probably dig it out when the weather becomes warmer. The price for the gloss was okay at AUD$18.95. Obviously not as good as in America, i think it's only $7.99 - talk about price inflation!


It has a nice soft texture and is not too sticky! Sometimes i find MAC ones a bit sticky but they do have great colours. Anyway I find this one has a nice consistency. It doesn't stay on for ages like some stickier glosses but i personally would rather reapply than be constantly be pulling my hair off my lips. I always seem to have dry lips and i often find that glosses just make them worse but this one doesn't really dry them. I think i read somewhere that is is enriched with shea butter so big thumbs up for that.


It is a pretty sheer nudey peach and doesn't have a lot of colour which i quite like, it makes it really versatile. It does have a bit of glitter through it but not over the top. You can sort of see what i mean in the photo above. 

Overall i'm pretty impressed. I haven't paid much attention to Prestige but i think i will have to take a closer look at their range. 

Has anyone tried this gloss or other Prestige glosses?

2 comments:

  1. I saw a Prestige gloss that was such a lovely coral color at my local drug store, but didn't get it because I hadn't heard much about the brand. i'll def go pick it up now! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I am having a contest for 6 M.A.C products.
    http://funnyfacebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete