Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ready Set Go

Hi there girlies!


I bought this new Australis Ready Set Go finishing powder the other day and so far it ticks all the tight boxes; it increases the wear of my foundation, soften the appearance of imperfections (big tick) and blurs lines.  

 (It's hard to take a decent photo of a white powder!)

It’s a translucent powder that is I think is similar to MAC’s prep + prime finishing powder, which i just finished up a sample. I do want to get Mac’s version but on my very sad student’s budget this will have to do for that at the moment. The main ingredient in the Australis one is silica which is also an ingredient in Mac’s finishing powder - so they do have similarities. I did a little google on silica and found out the it’s what gives nail polish the smooth surface appearance – very interesting.   
 

I have only used it a few times but so far I find it absorbs oil well which will be handier for my skin in summer but it seems to be doing an okay job at keeping my pores and uneven surfaces concealed.

For a cheapish product i'm reasonably happy

x

6 comments:

  1. o0o0o that looks interesting!
    I want to actually try this! Thanks for the post.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Dela Rome - Yay glad i could help

    @ ShoppingAddict - yeah i think so, sorry! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really interesting!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this does look interesting! I have the Make Up Forever one, but it's always good to find cheap alternatives :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like the MUFE translucent powder, which I think is just silica in a jar? Not sure though... I really want to try this! Yay for cheap versions of expensive MAC things.

    ReplyDelete